LCIO Track ModelEstimated reading time: 1 minute
What is a track?
A track is
a collection of hits.
A description of the track parameter in lcio can be found in. 1
The classes in LCIO related to tracking are:
- EVENT::Track The LCIO track class
- IMPL::TrackImpl Implementation of the LCIO track class
- EVENT::TrackState The LCIO TrackState class
- IMPL::TrackStateImpl Implementation of the LCIO TrackState class
- EVENT::TrackerHit A generic tracker hit to be used by pattern recognition
- IMPL::TrackerHitImpl Implementation of the generic tracker hit
A track in an electromagnetic field is usually thought to be a helix.
However, this is not quite true due to the energy loss in the tracker.
Therefore, it is better to use more classes of parameters to describe a track.
A track state is the five parameters of a track. The Track state have serveral possible attributes.
- AtOther ??
- LastLocation ??
addTrack (Not used anymore) addTrackState